According to WeddingWire.com, Valentine’s Day is second only to Christmas as the most popular day to get engaged. If a wedding is happily — but suddenly — in your future, it’s not too soon to start planning your very special day. Three of the most important things to do first: Determine your budget and wedding date, and book your wedding venue.
Once you know how much you have to spend, including what you can spend on your wedding venue, consider what you want in your ideal venue, including:
- Whether you want your ceremony and reception at the same location
- Whether you want a full-service venue or prefer to work with several different vendors to set up your space
- What kinds of extras you want, such as A/V equipment or wireless Internet access
- Proximity to lodging for out-of-town guests
- Ample, convenient parking
- Easy access
To make your planning even easier, our experienced event planners put together a detailed checklist that guides you through your wedding planning process.
An All-in-One Affordable Wedding Venue
In the last few years, hundreds of couples in the Jacksonville area has selected the Thrasher-Horne Center for both their wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Center’s versatility and our professional event planning staff make it easy for couples to enjoy the wedding day they envision, whether it’s an intimate affair in a romantic atmosphere or a sophisticated celebration. Best of all, you’ll receive five-star service without breaking your budget.
Here are just some of the advantages of choosing The Thrasher-Horne Center:
- A grand banquet room that can accommodate nearly 250 guests with room for dancing
- Flexible, configurable suites available for any setup
- Affordable pricing that includes the setup and breakdown of furnishings
- The freedom to use your own caterer or work with one of our many recommended caterers
- A full staging kitchen
- Dramatic backdrops for wedding party photographs
- Plenty of free guest parking
- On-site security
- Venues for your rehearsal dinner and bridesmaids’ brunch or luncheon
Scenic Surroundings And Easy Access
Situated on the beautiful campus of the St. Johns River State College, The Thrasher-Horne Center is a hub of arts, culture, and education. Our $22 million center includes two visual arts galleries, theatre, dance studio, and more. Couples who want to welcome their guests to a venue that offers modern features and reflects their personal taste will find the Center just right for their perfect day.
Located in Orange Park, The Thrasher-Horne Center is easily accessible from Jacksonville and St. Augustine, and an easy drive from the Jacksonville International Airport. Accommodations for out-of-town guests are readily available in the area, including brand-name hotels, inns, and more.
Call Our Event Professionals Today
If this Valentine’s Day marks the beginning of your wedding adventure, we’re here to help you start planning now! Please call 904-276-6815 to speak with our Rental Coordinator and arrange for your personal tour of the Center.